MISSION STATEMENT: As Christian adults we have a moral and legal responsibility and are entrusted by God with the spiritual, emotional and physical well being of minors and vulnerable adults, as they participate in activities within or sponsored by our Diocese. It is our responsibility and commitment to provide, to the best of our ability, an environment which is safe and nurturing.
Clearance is required for all clergy and paid staff members. In addition all volunteers who work with a ministry involved with youth (under age 18) and/or vulnerable adults must complete the Safe Environment Clearance process.
The required steps to become a Safe Environment Cleared Adult are:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be a Member of the Parish for at least 6 months
- Must complete, sign and submit the Safe Environment Screening Form
- Must review and accept the provisions of the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program as indicated by a signed “Acknowledgment Form”
- Must complete a personal interview with the Ministry Coordinator for whom you wish to volunteer
- Must receive positive responses to Reference Checks
- Must receive a “clear” report from a Criminal Background Check. Background Checks are reviewed every two years.
- Must participate in an annual Safe Environment Training.
- Must have a current photo badge made and worn at all times when volunteering
If you are a NEW volunteer and need to fulfill your safe environment training requirement, please go online: http://dallas.setanet.org/
- Click on Screening Form, please complete form and submit
- Screening Form will be submitted to Safe Environment Coordinator.
- Ministry Coordinator will contact you to schedule an interview.
- Safe Environment Coordinator will contact you with the next available training date.
If you have been previously trained and need to RENEW your annual training requirement, please go online: http://dallas.setanet.org/
- Click on top screen: Contact Us
- This will take you to a Barbara Landregan screen.
- Click on top: My Obligations
- This will take you to a screen (Diocese of Dallas SETA). Enter your first, last name and current address. Click on Search.
- This will take you to a new screen requesting more detail information. Be sure to include your e-mail address.
- Press on Update Information and Continue.
- Renewal Classes are listed on this screen, please click ONLY on those videos that are being offered “ONLINE”.
- Online session consists of short video followed by multiple choice questions
- You will receive an e-mail from the Diocese confirming completion of the Safe Environment online training. Your parish Safe Environment Coordinator will also receive confirmation of your training.
For further information, contact the Safe Environment Coordinator, Diane Salazar, 972-279-6581 ext. 19 or see the Safe Environment Program of the Catholic Diocese of Dallas at www.cathdal.org.
The NetSmartz Back-2-School Kit is a free resource designed to help instill every day safety values in children between the ages of 5-12.
Go to http://www.netsmartzkids.org/
Webwisekids has been a leader in preventing online child victimization by providing innovative and effective tools to assist young people to flourish in a world of media and technology. Go to http://www.webwisekids.org/